This department has very close interaction with the general public. Every individual
has to approach Revenue offices frequently for various requirements. The departments,
a planning, monitoring and administrative apex level body, are situated in the state
capital of Bihar. Directorate of land records and surveys, a major directorate under
the department maintains, develop land records for the entire state. Through a very
well knit state- wide organisational structure. comprising 38 district and sub district
offices 534 block level land reforms offices it reach out to deliver service to
The function of this department includes
1. Collection of land revenue along with, Road cess, Education cess, Health cess
2. Maintenance and updating of land record.
3. Acquisition of land for public purpose.
4. Conservation of government lands.
5. Lease of governments lands.
6. Transfer of governments lands to various departments of state Govt and also institutions.
7. Survey and demarcation of land
8. Management and control of natural resources.